The internet is amazing in how easy it is find strangers speaking on topics that feel uniquely personal and isolated to our own lives. We wonder: how can they be thinking what I just thought? We marvel at how there could be someone else out there in our very same predicament or situation, someone we don’t even know. As strange as it can sometimes be, there is something reassuring about that to me – that my experiences are more universal than I would have guessed, and that I am – ultimately – not alone.
In the last few months I have found a number of posts from other mothers who seem to be reading from my life’s book. They either have moved through or are currently navigating different challenges of motherhood: feeling overwhelmed, learning to appreciate the small moments, finding solace in struggle, and wanting to live life fully. I love how each of these bloggers expresses courage and perspective through their writing:
- Kate, from Savvy Little Women answers (as a soon-to-be mother of six) the question “How do you do it all?” in “I Just Do the Next Thing.”
- Heather, from Cool and Hip, I Am Not, reflects on learning not to wish for time to go by so fast in “Stop the Clock.”
- Savannah, from Chasing My Bees, on remembering that there is a silver lining in “Sweetness in the Storm.”
- Bernice, from Living the Balanced Life, writes passionately about choosing to life fully in “Don’t Live in Default Mode.”
- Fadra, from All Things Fadra, shares her the truth about “Waiting for My Life to Begin.”
This is only a handful of the wonderful bloggers who are writing online about what Motherhood looks like in their everyday world. Who are some other bloggers you’ve found who offer encouragement, support, and understanding for your life today as a woman and a mother?